Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Gearing up, Archery Season

It's that time of year again....  Maryland Archery Season opens in a few weeks.  Time to start pulling those cameras.  I've let my one camera sit over  a salt block for nearly a month now.  I pulled the card yesterday with only 300 something photos.  If I had corn down I'd get 300 photos in a day.  Out of the three hundred photos, on the second to last day these guys show up.  Both studs.  Both 3.5 to 4.5 years old probably.  Both mature trophy's and both are on the hit list for sure.  I also just picked up a large farm in Poolesville which ordinarily would be a gold mine.  Something guys would pay as much as $10k a season to hunt.  Which is absolutely insane to me but I'll take my little 3 acre suburban spot when deer like this are there.  Of course the photo is terrible.  Maybe someone can enhance it for me.  Either way, I know there are two shooters and I know where I'll be on opening day. 


 


 

Next years quarry

The studs.  That guy on the right is no joke.  200 pounds, ten pointer? 130+ inch?  To be honest I have no idea what 130+" would be but that deer is nice. 
 
 
 

Here they are again.  The guy on the left is the beast but the deer on the block isn't half bad either.  I know I have competition too. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment